Thursday, July 7, 2011

How to wake up my son in the morning

I think a lot of mummy will face the same problem like me.
Our children don't want to wake up in the morning to go to school. they will "赖床".

For Harry, I find out a way, i discover this way because there was one day, his school had outing, Harry is so exciting to go outing with friends and teachers, so whatever i ask him to do, he will do, Whatever i ask him don't do this, do that, he will follow.

Then i said, you must sleep early, so that tomorrow outing wouldn't be late, he listened and followed, and then i said, tomorrow i wake you up by saying "OUTING", you must immediately wake up, OK? He said ok, the next morning, i said "OUTING", he jump up and no more "赖床". hehehe.......

So the next time, when i want him jump up from the bed, I will ask him at night before he sleep:

Me: Harry, what word should i say tomorrow morning, once you heard it, you will jump up? (pretend like playing game with him)
Harry: emm.............., how about you said No. 1? (he want to become No 1 reach school, among other student).
Me: Ok.

The next day, i said to harry in his ear, "yesterday you said when i said this word, you will jump up from sleep".
"No. 1".
Immediately Harry wake up with happy face and feeling. (If not, everytime must scold, shout, then harry will  moody or cry)

This make me happy and easier.

I feel kesian also to children, because he sleep quite late, and have to wake up early, thats why I wouldn't disturb them in the weekend, let them sleep until "自然醒". How nice everybody can sleep until "自然醒".

7 comments:

盈™ ying said...

erm... i will keep this trick for future use... ^.^

Carolyn (Lil' Dahling) said...

haha..good tip for mommies out there..:)

Kok Ling said...

haha, hope it can help you.

Merryn said...

I guess when the time comes for my son to go to wake up early and go to school i will suffer too... :(

Alice Law said...

LOL, wht a trick!

I actually trained my kids to sleep early since they were babies, and now they hv no problem wake up at 7am... wht a relief!

Hi, greeting frm My Little Sprouts, thanks for dropping by!^^

Kok Ling said...

Merryn: ya, have to learn some trick to wake them up.
Merryn, thank you for droppping by.

Kok Ling said...

Alice Law: good train.

Thank you for droppping by too.